Sunday, March 6, 2011

Experimental

I've recently started going to a new hair stylist, and I love her! I liked my old stylist too, but I was never quite able to communicate what I wanted to her. I'd go in with an image, and when I came home, my hair would look about 80% of the way that I wanted it to.

The few times that I've gone to see this new girl, I've been SUPER impressed. She's really enthusiastic when you bring her new ideas, and she will tell you if she thinks they'll look good or not. Better yet, she'll also make suggestions of improvement as well.

If you want to check out some of her work, search "Amanda Le Klassen" on Facebook. Her profile is private, but her photo albums are open to the public. She has before/after shots of her and girl and boy haircuts.

Anyway, this is the style that I was going for this time around. Blunt bangs, with a bit of a 1920's flapper style.


After consulting some friends about whether or not I could actually pull off a haircut like this, we agreed that as long as I wasn't making a retarded "Keira Knightley" face, like the model, it would be fine.

If you are unfamiliar with the "Keira Knightley" face, here are some examples. Basically, it's the face that Keira Knightley makes in 90% of photos of her.

Eyes wide.

Mouth slightly open.

Nose pinched.




I did not opt for Keira Knightley face. But I'm happy with the cut!

1 comment: