Sunday, January 31, 2016

Finishing Touches

I'm officially 34 weeks along now-- 8.5 months! It's kind of hard to believe how quickly the time has flown by. I think Tom and I more or less have everything we need ready now. Crib and change table are set up, we have a bassinet, a stroller and a car seat. The drawers and closet are overflowing with clothes, and the baby is moving around like a maniac, sticking her butt and feet out every chance she gets.

I've been putting some finishing touches on decorations for the nursery. After about ten days of painting non-stop in my free time, I have finally finished them!

The inspiration for my paintings came from a Papyrus card that I gave Tom for Valentine's Day  four years ago. It clearly stuck in my mind because I saved it, and have been thinking about how it could be incorporated into a baby's room in the future.


I really like painting with acrylics, but I think it's been a couple years since I cracked them open. I got in the habit of doing a little bit each night. The paintings pretty much took over our kitchen table.


Now that all is said and done, I am very happy with how they turned out! My favourite part, without a doubt, is the volcano spewing hearts!


And to give you a the full effect, here is what they look like with respect to the rest of the nursery furniture.



Now that I'm done with my sewing and painting projects, I'm not totally sure what to do with myself anymore. I'm going to have so much more free time! I guess I'll just enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment