Sunday, April 29, 2012

Behold, Our Masterpiece


Trials have been ongoing since October...

Progress has been logged and photographed by yours truly...

Last Saturday, our masterpiece came to fruition in a smooth and timely manner.

BEHOLD! The tower of cupcakes! The crowning glory, the WEDDING CAKE!


Jasmine and Joel tied the knot in a simple and elegant ceremony at the Stewart Creek Golf Course in Canmore. The weather was surprisingly fantastic for an April weekend, and it was sunny and warm.

If you find yourself wondering, "How long does it take to make 67 cupcakes and a wedding cake?" The answer is 8.5 hours. 6.5 hours to make the cake and cupcakes (with a lasagna making break), and another 2 hours to make and pipe icing. Jill, Mallary and I made the cupcakes the day before, and the icing the day of-- in Joel and Jasmine's hotel suite! I think the cleaning staff was a little unsure what to think when we rolled into their room with 12 bags of supplies, Tupperware, mixing bowls and a Kitchen Aid stand mixer.



The cupcakes were vanilla cake with a combination of vanilla bean and chocolate buttercream frosting. We used white chocolate and milk chocolate Bernard Callebaut shavings for garnish.


Mallary found the design for the cake decoration at I Heart Baking.com. I located the love bird wedding cake toppers in a posting on Etsy.com. I'm so happy with the results!

I think I can speak for all of us when I say I was honoured to have a role in Jasmine and Joel's wedding. 


Congratulation, you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment