Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Traditions

In the three and a half years that Tom and I have lived together, we have developed some Christmas traditions of our own.

On Christmas morning, we sleep in. Then we open presents in bed. And then we make some elaborate crepes for breakfast.

Sometimes we do a combination of sweet and savory crepes, but this year they were mostly savory. Ham and cheese, mushroom and spinach, and I tried a little goat cheese and pear.

Crepe toppings.


Crepe collage.

We spent Christmas Eve with my family. I'm pretty sure my niece and nephew are quickly becoming the most spoiled kids in the history of our family. They were showered with gifts from grandma and grandpa, and their aunties and uncles from both sides of their family. Dinner included turkey, stuffing, carrots, corn, potatoes and creme brule. We also contributed proscuitto wrapped asparagus!

Dylan and Madelynn playing at home.

We spent Christmas Day with Tom's family. Dinner was similar, yet at the same time, completely different. We had turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, carrots and turnip, and a wonderful selection of sweets (and Coconut Delight!) from Tom's aunt June.

Tom charms the camera.

Dave deconstructs the turkey.

Our favourite gift of the year was the Calgary Fire Department "Hot Stuff" calendar that we got for Tom's grandma. Apparently Andrew went to High School with the guy on the front cover!



Ho Ho Ho Helpers.

This is the first time in years that I haven't braved the mall for Boxing Day. It's possible I am in shopping withdrawl. Never fear! I'll get my fix later in the week.

Merry Christmas, 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment