Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So Long, Mo!

For some, November, aka "Movember" is the most anticipated time of the year. For a full month, it becomes socially acceptable for men of all ages to grow handlebars, goatees, ratstaches and any other pervy combination of facial hair imaginable. Instead of being ostracized or labelled a creepo, people celebrate ridiculous moustaches.

Let me be clear... I think Movember is a fantastic concept and a fantastic cause. I think it's amazing that such a simple idea could raise such a loyal following. This year more than ever, participation in Movember has spread like wildfire! I heard on the news that Canadian men have raised over 32 million dollars for cancer and prostate cancer awareness this year! Way to go participants, and way to go donators!

But...

That doesn't mean that I'm not gleefully celebrating the end of November.


Good-bye, Mo! I won't miss you.


I bow to you, Gilette!

Until next year, let's leave it to the gentlemen of a certain age and dignity to truly pull of the moustaches.

I leave you with... Tom Selleck.


And honourable mention to David Spence!


No comments:

Post a Comment