Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hittin' the Trail

Today, Mallary, Paige, Ashley and I went on a trail ride!

We headed out to Griffin Valley Ranch, just outside of Cochrane. The weather was just perfect! Sunny skies with a few clouds, and a nice constant breeze to keep the bugs away.

Us ladies sporting our riding helmets.

About 15 years ago (back when I was in grade 5 and 6), I took a few weeks of English riding lessons. However, since then, I've only been on a horse one other time. I soon remembered that trail riding is a pretty relaxing activity. The horses are used to following each other single file, and you don't need to do very much to encourage them along.

Paige got stuck at the end of the line because her horse is apparently a "kicker." He doesn't like other horses behind him, so he'll kick them!

I really should have taken more photos today, but I was hesitant to wrestle my camera out of it's case and hang on to the reins with one hand. So I satisfied myself by taking a few photos when we were done.

Mallary with her horse, Ariel.

Me with my horse, Jacob.

Afterwards we stopped at MacKay's Ice Cream in Cochrane. They had a wonderful lychee ice cream that both Ashley and I tried-- it was delicious! I also had pistachio-almond, but it was not as good as some of the other pistachio ice creams I've had before. Mallary had Skor, while Paige had raspberry cheesecake, and a second scoop of chocolate fudge. All on crunchy waffle cones. Nothing beats ice cream in the summer!

It was a great way to wrap up the weekend.

T-Minus 7 days 'til the Mt. Rainier hike. Come on snow, keeeeeep melting!

No comments:

Post a Comment