Friday, January 14, 2011

It's Cooooold Outside


The last week has been cold. Really, really, really cold! We've been dealing with temperatures in the -20's, plus wind chills of -27 to -30.


Every morning, I bundle myself up. I don't own long johns, so I put tights on under my work pants. I put a hoodie on over my regular office clothes, and then I layer on a scarf and my ski jacket. I've been carrying a tuque with me, but I prefer the hood of my coat.

I am also surprised by the people who are not as bundled-up as me. And shockingly, there are a LOT of people who are not dressed properly! I see girls wearing leggings, or flats without socks (it is snowing out, people!). Men wearing hoodies instead of coats. Teenagers shivering on the street corners while they wait at bus stops...

I can understand being unprepared for a surprise day of cold weather... But after a week of frigid temperatures, you'd think people would adapt.

Here are some things I recommend on a cold day.

1) If you have to go outside, get yourself a cute toque!


2) Carry some money for an impromptu Starbucks Hot Chocolate.


3) When you are cozy at home, stock up on some "Hussy" books (a term coined by my wonderful husband!) Tom relentlessly makes fun of the covers of these books because they are so ridiculously cheesy. I chose this cover in particular because if you look closely, you can see the heroine has three hands. One on the ground, one on her side, and one clasping the heroes hand.



4) It is also prudent to have some warm blankets on hand. I suggest the As-Seen-On-TV Snuggie. "The Blanket That Has Sleeves!"


5) And don't forget your four-legged friend! Snuggies come for dogs too!


6) Or maybe... Just MAYBE if you are hardcore enough... If you are really, REALLY serious about keeping warm... You will invest in this... A fleece adult onesie. If you have a onesie... I salute you.


Keep warm, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment