Monday, January 7, 2013

2013: 358 Days to Go


Seven days into the New Year. One week down, 51 more to go.
 
Still sick. In fact, I've now been sick for three weeks straight. Ten days with cold number one, twelve days with cold number two. It's finally starting to clear up, and all I can say is-- at least it wasn't the flu.

I've never been a big fan of New Year Resolutions, but I do like to look forward and think about what I'll be doing for the year.

Here are some things I'm looking forward to in 2013.

1) My second half marathon-- and maybe even my third! I'm planning on improving my 2012 time of 2:13 to 2:06 or faster.


2) Chinese brush painting. I recently saw a commercial for the Chinese Cultural Center that advertised brush painting classes. HOW COOL IS THAT!?


3) Amanda + Steve + Ashley in San Antonio, Texas. Are they ready for us?

4) A wedding. I'm so happy for these two!


  
 Photography by Heath O'Fee.


5) More hiking. Where will it be this year? North Cascades? Olympic National Park? Or maybe even Yosemite?

Cables ascending Half Dome in Yosemite National Park. Photo Credit.
 
6) BOSTON. For a much needed visit with a long time friend. Hopefully she'll give us a personal tour of Harvard campus!

7) More travel. Tom and I haven't figured out when or where. But we've thrown around locations such as Italy, Germany or Greece.

8) Maybe... A house? 

There's plenty to look forward to in 2013. I anticipate being very, very busy.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Yes!!!! I love all these aspirations for 2013, especially Motion #6. We shall tour mon cheri!

    ReplyDelete