Sunday, March 25, 2012

That's How We Roll

Last weekend I received tickets to the Sunday evening Flames game. I had received tickets for the same seats last year, so I knew they were really, really good. Section 120, Row 1, Seats 1 and 2. Basically, we were ice-side next to the blue line.

I invited my dad to join me for the game, but I didn't tell him how good the tickets were! When we finally found our way to our seats, we were both very excited. You feel so important sitting next to the ice! And you can actually see the faces of the players and hear them yelling at each other.

Players standing for the national anthems.

We got some pizza and some malt icecream, and sat back to enjoy the game.

Flames vs. Blue Jackets

Of course, there were many occasions where this mountain-of-a-man referee was standing directly in our line of sight. This guy was HUGE. We had a flyer that had the stats of all the Flames on it. Most of the players are six feet tall or more, but this ref had at least a head worth of height on all the players. I swear, he was seven feet tall!

Gigantic ref.

If you're wondering... The Flames lost the game. They were out-playing and out-shooting the Blue Jackets, but they just couldn't get the puck in the net. The game ended up going into overtime, and then a shoot-out. The final score was 2:1 for Columbus.

Me and my dad.

Regardless, good times were had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment