Sunday, July 10, 2011

Swing, Batter, Batter!

The first week of July has been nothing but non-stop beautiful weather. Because of all the sun, we were able to get outside to celebrate Jeff and Ashley's 27th Birthdays. Slathered in sunscreen, we did what all 20-something-year-olds do... We hit the mini golf course. Oh yes, we took it by storm.

The guys observe Ashley's putting technique.

It has been quite a few years since I've played a good round of mini golf. Back in High School I played quite often with friends, but the course we frequented was torn down to make way for a new extension of the C-Train. And really... There aren't that many mini golf courses left in the city-- we had to go all the way out to COP!

Billy, Steve and Tom survey the game. This isn't even a staged photo-- they were really standing like this!

Jeff, Andy and I celebrate our hole-in-ones.

The game was intense and fraught with cheating. But good times were had by all.

Ashley and I show off our neon balls.

After a couple hours of mini golf we convoyed our group to the batting cages in Shouldice Park. Here we spent about 45 minutes taking turns batting at soft balls. I don't think I've held a baseball bat since my days in 10th grade gym (i.e. 12 years ago), and it was the first time for many of us in batting cages.

Kim proves herself to be not only a mini golf shark (she had the top golf score), but also a top-notch batter!

Steve knocks one out of the park! Sort of.

Jeff attempts to warn an unsuspecting Tom of his impending doom.

This was followed by me complaining about the bat being too heavy and my arms hurting.

Seriously! The bat was too heavy, and my arms still hurt! Also, I have a little bunch of muscles in my back that are all pinched together on the right side (my batting side). It makes me feel old to have these aches an pains! Luckily I can console myself that Ashley and Jeff are older. Heh heh heh...

We followed up the batting cages with a Luau themed meal at Jeff and Billy's place. Jeff made some Hawaiian coleslaw and pulled pork sandwiches, along with salsa, and chicken wings. Ashley made a delicious yin yang cake-- angel food cake with pineapple and raspberry layers. At the end of the night, I was stuffed, and very, very content.

Jeff, Ashley, hope you guys had a great birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment