Sunday, December 3, 2017

Hiking Kauai

As I started to type this post, I realized that I didn't remember the name of the hike that Tom and I did, or how long it was, or where it was located. I thought to myself, "Hmmm, this is going to be the worst post in this history of blog posts." But then I remembered there's something magical called the internet, that helps you with these problems.


Tom and hiked to the Makauwahi Cave Reserve, a limestone sinkhole, along the Maha'ulepu Heritage Trail. The trailhead is somewhere east of Shipwreck's Beach, which is located beside the Grand Hyatt Kauai, on the southern tip of the island.The hike itself was about 2.5km one way, or 5km round-trip. Not a particular challenging distance, and the trail was well kept easy to follow. An excellent outing for a couple of geoscientists such as ourselves!

There's something very satisfying about hiking beside the ocean. Especially on a beautiful day with blue skies, warm weather, and no toddler to chase back and forth. I'm not going to give any commentary on this hike, I'll let the photos speak for themselves.










Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment