Sunday, March 3, 2013

Summer Race Season

Although it is hard to fathom, running race season is quickly approaching, and I am 5 weeks into my 18 week half marathon training program. This year I will be participating in the Centaur Subaru Half Marathon in the Calgary Marathon on May 26, 2013, as well as the Lululemon SeaWheeze Half Marathon in Vancouver on August 10, 2013.

I participated in the Calgary Marathon last year, and am looking forward to trying a new route in Vancouver. The Lululemon SeaWheeze attracted about 6000 participants last year, and this year I was happy to learn that Ashley and Andrew will also be running the race.

The route through Vancouver is through downtown, and along the seawall in Stanley park. The elevation profile is quite varied, and I suspect it will be a more varied course than the Calgary race route.

Lululemon SeaWheeze Race Route. Photo Credit

SeaWheeze Elevation Profile. Photo Credit

So far, I have covered 103km in training. I expect I will have covered more than 500km by the time August 10th rolls around.

I would have loved to run the Colour Me Rad 5k Run for fun, but I was too slow on the uptake, and registration sold out before I got a chance to put my name in. 

But there's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment