Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Laugh or Two

Some conversations over the last few weeks that have kept me laughing.

1) With my 3.5 year old nephew.

Dylan: I went to the hospital and the doctor glued me back together.

Amanda: Did it hurt?
Dylan: NO! 

Dyaln: Then I had a blue popsicle!
Amanda: Was it good?
Dylan: Yeah.

Dylan fell off the couch and whacked his head.  The doctor literally glued his cut together!



Co-worker's door.

2) With a co-worker.

Co-worker: Can you write on my door that I'll be late in to work? My car broke down.
Amanda: Sure...

We promptly defaced his office door.

3) With my husband.

Tom: You just need to get hit in the face a few times.
Tom: Stop making that crying noise. 

Tom: You're fine, you're not an abused woman.

Trying to teach me to "not be afraid" of a nerf football.

4) With my girlfriends.

Paige: Wait! Do you think it's okay to get drug tested AFTER the bachelorette party?

*Awkward Silence*
Mallary: ... I wasn't aware we were doing hard drugs at the bachelorette party.
Paige: No! I just meant all the alcohol.

Mallary discussing the timing of her mandatory drug testing for her new security sensitive job.

5) With a friend from University.

Nate: Are you a hugger? I never know if we should hug when we say good-bye.
Amanda: I'm not really a hugger.
Nate: WELL I AM! (leans in for hug)
Nate: Ugh. You're a terrible hugger.
Amanda: Ugh.



5) With a co-worker.

Cole: The nurse asked if I was in the Stampede.
Amanda: Maybe she thought you drank your face off, and that's why you're blind in one eye now.
Cole: She thought I was a cowboy, jerk!
Amanda: Cowboys can drink their faces off.
Cole: Cowboys do drink their faces off.

E-mailing while co-worker was getting his eye checked out at the hospital.



6) With friends in the park.


No conversation. I just really ruined this photo.


Ashley, Billy and I in the park.

Hope you find something to laugh about this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment