Friday, November 5, 2010

"Fun" is Her Middle Name

Jill submits to being bingo-stamped.

Jill is turning 26 today, so here's a shout-out to her

I met Jill in May of 2008 when she joined our team at work. Having already spent a year as the youngest member of the team, I was relieved to meet someone who was my age. We worked together for a year and a half before we both moved teams again, and went our separate ways. If you could call it that. We're working four floors apart now, and I still spam her daily.

Here are some things I've learned about Jill over the last couple of years.

1) Jill is easy to be friends with.
Seriously! I'm not sure if I have ever met someone who is so easy-going. Jill once told me, "I don't do drama," and I think this is the reason why she's so easy to be friends with. This leads me to my next point:

2) Jill tells it like it is.
She is so forthcoming and direct that you never have to doubt the sincerity of her response because she'll always tell you what she thinks. If she thinks you're being an idiot, she'll tell you, "I think you're being an idiot."

3) Jill will try anything once.
Sky diving, canyon swinging, zorbing, pottery throwing, volleyball playing. Anything.

4) Jill is a fun-magnet.
If Jill is not having fun, she will find a way to make the situation fun! She has boundless energy.

5) Jill likes country music.
No description of awesomeness needed.

I think meeting Jill all those months ago is one of the best things that could have happened to me. Sometimes you meet people who have an innate ability to change you-- and Jill is one of those people for me. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I am by nature an introvert. So for me to get along with someone as extroverted as Jill is a bit unusual. Without even realizing it, Jill has shown me that it's not so difficult (or scary) to step outside your comfort zone once in a while. And for that reason, I think Jill is a pretty remarkable individual.

Happy Birthday, Ol' Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment